Chi Machine by Sun Ancon HTE - Accept No Substitutes - Tax and Shipping not included.
Shipping and sales tax are not included in this price.
Please call us for price and total with tax and shipping, as the manufacturer often has sales as low as $480
Shipping and tax must be added to this after you order. Generally it is $50 or less. The Chi Machine Ships from the manufacturer and they have to give us the total for shipping and sales tax. So you can order here, and pay for the Chi Machine itself, but we will have to send and invoice for the total for shipping and sales after the fact. As stated above, this is usually less than $50.
All our other products are shipped from us here in Oregon, and so there is no sales tax, so your shipping for all other items will be calculated and added when you order.
This occasionally goes on sale, so give us a call and we can check the current price for you.
TIMING: The Oxygen Massager or “Chi Machine” is a very powerful therapeutic tool and can cause pain and other forms of physical distress if over used.
Using this machine for longer than the recommended time could cause a reaction which might lead someone to believe that, far from doing them good, the machine is doing them harm. If severe pain occurs during normal use, this should be properly investigated before continuing.
If you are basically healthy you can start with a maximum of 5 minutes once or twice a day. After a week, if there are no adverse effects, you can go up to 10 minutes once or twice a day and after another week 15 minutes once or twice a day. You can, if you wish, then increase to three times a day.
The poorer your state of health or the more pain you are in, the shorter the time the machine should be used to begin with. Just one minute once a day is quite enough for someone in poor health and for someone who is in a lot of pain. You can then slowly lengthen the time and increase the number of sessions as you notice improvement. The emphasis here should be on slowly.
One of the effects of the movement is to stimulate the release of accumulated toxins from the tissues. That is why it is very important to drink water both before and after using the machine. Release of toxins can give rise to headaches and / or an aggravation of other pains. You might also feel tired, get a bit of diarrhoea, feel nauseous or a little unwell or just “off”. These symptoms should only be temporary. Make sure you drink plenty of water and perhaps decrease your time on the machine until they have passed. If these feelings persist stop using the machine and contact the person who sold it to you for advice.
If dizziness occurs during use a small pillow can be placed under the head until the problem resolves.
THE MASSAGE PROCEDURE
- Position the massage unit on a firm surface with the handle directed away from you. Carpet is fine but not plush pile as it is important that the air intake in the base of the machine is not obstructed. Do not use foam rubber or other soft surfaces as proper positioning of the spine can only be guaranteed on a firm surface like a carpeted floor.
- Remove shoes and glasses and any tight restrictive clothing.
- As the body relaxes it will naturally decrease heat production so make sure that the room is warm or cover yourself with a blanket.
- Drink some water (one glass is sufficient) before starting.
- Sit in front of the machine with your belly button lined up with the arrow and your legs on either side of the machine so that your feet contact the two back corners of the machine. Place your ankles on the stirrups then lay down on your back. Your feet should be hanging over the back of the stirrups. Let your arms lay by your side. Be sure you are comfortable before starting the machine. If necessary you can use pillows or other forms of padding to prop up parts of the body that might be uncomfortable. As you derive benefit from the machine with repeated use you will gradually be able to remove these supports.
- Start the machine by setting the desired time. It is very important that you read the information on Timing before you begin.
- 40% of the therapeutic effect occurs while the machine is moving and 60% when it stops so when it does stop simply lie there with your eyes closed. You will feel this therapeutic effect either as a state of calmness, a floating feeling, or a feeling of heaviness or of energy (tingling) in the body. Simply focus your attention on whatever you feel in your body and continue to lie there until you feel like getting up. For maximum benefit be sure to lie there for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
- To get up remove your feet from the stirrups and place them on the floor in front of the machine with your knees bent. With your arms lying on the floor at a 45 degree angle to the body gently lower your knees to one side as far as is comfortable. Hold there for a moment then slowly return them to the upright position and lower them to the other side as far as is comfortable. On lowering them to the side take an easy breath in, breathing out as you raise the legs to the upright position again. Repeat this movement up to 5 times either side. Throughout these movements use your arms to stabilize yourself and ensure that the shoulders and upper body do not rise from the ground.
- To get up roll your legs to one side and at the same time take your opposite arm with you so that you roll your whole body to one side. From this position you can easily stand up getting up on to your knees first. If you feel light headed or dizzy in any way as you start to get up return to the lying position and wait another few minutes before getting up.
- Conclude the session with a large drink of water (one to two glasses)
Place both hands under your head with the fingers clasped. This position exaggerates the curves of the spine and will impart a stronger motion to the spinal column.
Lie with your arms relaxed by your sides at an angle of about 45 degrees. This position is particularly good for releasing tension and relaxing.
Stretch both arms above your head keeping them as straight as possible. This position creates traction throughout the whole body and can help to relieve muscular tension and discomfort.
- Close your eyes and observe the feelings of movement in different parts of your body. See if you can notice any obvious restrictions.
- If you use a meditation technique you can use it while on the machine.
- Close your eyes and picture yourself somewhere that makes you feel calm and at peace.
- Play relaxing music.
- Close your eyes and focus your attention on your breathing noticing how the motion causes it to slow down and become more relaxed. It may almost seem to stop particularly when the machine switches off.
Place the machine on the floor. Lie on your back and place your ankles in the grooves of the footrest on top of the machine. Set the timer switch to activate the machine for the number of minutes you desire. First time users should start with 2-5 minutes.
The footrest will begin to move back and forth, carrying your feet briskly from side to side. This movement will carry up through your legs and torso, throughout your entire body, causing you to undulate back and forth exactly, like a fish swimming in water!
All you have to do now is relax and breathe deeply, letting The Chi Machine® rock you gently but firmly for a maximum of 15 minutes. When the time is up and the machine stops, remain lying down for another two to five minutes, relaxing and breathing deeply, enjoying the remarkable comfort and feelings of relief.
Although The Chi Machine® is an effective and safe method of massage therapy, its use is NOT advised in the following situations without prior medical advice: during pregnancy; within three months of having had major surgery or bone fracture; if suffering from serious heart disease, or a serious infection; if suffering from any bleeding injury, or if suffering from epilepsy. Additionally, the Therapeutic Massager should not be used within 30 minutes after eating a meal.
If, while using The Chi Machine®, any new or increasingly severe pain occurs, discontinue use of The Chi Machine® and consult your physician.
I originally got one of these for my Step-dad. He had Parkinson's and had great difficulty talking. I didn't get it for that, however, I got it for swelling in his ankles. Because of the Parkinson's he was not able to walk, and this was hard on him. He loved to walk. So we got the Chi Machine and from the very first day he was so happy. He said it was the best thing that had happened to him in a long time. It makes you feel like you have gone for a really good walk, and he loved that. We were very happy that the edema came right off with regular use of the machine. He used it for a half hour twice a day and enjoyed every minute of it. He was not able to lay on the floor, so he used it in bed. We were so happy about the edema and the general sense of well being he experienced from using it. What we didn't expect was that after a few months of use his speech was totally restored. Not only that but he was clearer mentally and was more masculine. He was more aggressive in a good way. It was quiet remarkable.
I personally would never be without mine. I take it when I travel, even when flying. The beauty of this machine is that it does ALL the work for you. You just lay down and it does it all. As a result we see high compliance with this unit. Meaning -- People use it. You can be dog tired and still use it. It is truthfully difficult to say just how wonderful this machine is. We could tell you stories all day long of people getting out of pain, getting their mental function back, sleeping better, lower blood pressure, balanced blood sugar. We cannot make any guarantees, but it has a 14 days trial period. If you think it might help you, I'd recommend that you give it a try.
Like many, when I first heard about this machine I thought, someone must have made a knock off that would be cheaper. I love to pinch pennies. Smile. So I bought one that was about $150 less. It was terrible. It was just an awful jarring experience. So returned it, at my own expense. Ugh. I bought yet another knock off, and it also was terrible. Poor quality, terribly jarring to the body, so I returned it. All this time I had a friend Original Chi Machine to compare them with, and there was NO comparison. I have yet to find one that even comes close. In fact, I had to use the Original Chi Machine to help my body get over the jarring I got on the fake copies.
I later learned that the Original Chi Machine is copyrighted and patented, so the swing, the speed, the height is all copyrighted. The copies cannot make an identical product or they would be illegally copying this Original. Now the swing, height and speed are very crucial. The doctors who worked on this took and entire year to perfect the safe, healthy and effective perimeters. If you alter these specifications, you can mess the body up, interfere with heart rate, etc. Since the copies cannot do the correct specifications, they actually mess you up.
So . . . I spend $100 on postage, trying to save money by buying a copy. In the end I bought the Original Chi Machine and learned an important lesson, and I can with confidence say that you don't want to mess with cheap knockoffs. I've talked to others who did that same stupid thing I did, and wasted big money, trying to save money.
In addition, we have two machines in our house that are more than 15 years old and they still run like new. That means that it has cost us about $30 a year to use, so far. This machine is built to last.
People who know me know that I am an honest person and not a sales person. I'm being extremely honest with you when I say, I wish everyone had one of these in their house. It is just brilliant!